Friday, October 28, 2016

Celebrate the Small Things-October 28, 2016



It's Friday!  Let's Celebrate the Small Things with Lexa Cain!  Tonja Drecker and I are her co-hosts.

I finally got Halloween costumes for the kids last Friday.  I found a Joker costume for my oldest son for $8 used.  It's in great condition, though I did have to hem the pants for it to fit.  My youngest son is going to be Rubble from Paw Patrol, and he's super excited about it.

Last Saturday my husband and I took the kids to a Halloween event that included trick-or-treating in the woods, a costume contest, and hayrack rides.  After that we went to a haunted house.  Everyone had a good time.

I'm also celebrating that my husband took the night off work for Halloween, so we're all going to go trick-or-treating as a family.  Considering how far along in this pregnancy I am, I'll need all the help with the kids I can get.

Speaking of Halloween, I'll be participating in the Trick-or-Treat Book Blog Hop.  If you're not sure what that entails, follow the link for details!


I also have a couple of short but spooky pieces of flash fiction for your enjoyment.  One of them, Gazing Into the Abyss, was written for the October WEP Challenge.  The other, Truth or Dare, was written for Spooktoberfest.

If you're a member of the Insecure Writer's Support Group, don't forget that the deadline for the 2016 Anthology Contest is November 1st!


What would you like to celebrate?


9 comments:

  1. I have really fond memories of trick-or-treating as a child. Sounds like you and your family has had lots of Halloween fun already and an opportunity to amass even more candy when you all go out trick-or-treating next week. Cheers - Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's wonderful you go to such lengths to make sure your kids have a good Halloween experience. The last time we went to a haunted house was several years ago at Busch Gardens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun trick-or-treating with the family. My girls are older now and enjoy going off without my husband trailing behind. I'll also look for your Halloween story. I'll be participating in that hop as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome you get to spend Halloween together. You do need the help.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like your Halloween is going to be fun. Since I'm the organizer of the Trick-Or-Treat Reads, I'll be at my computer pimping it like mad. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful time you all had - as a young child I can remember going in a haunted house at an amusement fair with my parents and screaming to be taken out after only a few minutes!! We had to go back out through the entrance - probably much to the embarrassment of my parents!! I also have to confess since reading that you are going out trick or treating I can't stop imaging you in a pumpkin outfit so you'll need to tell us what you'll actually be wearing :) I'm sure many people will be giving you plenty of candy quite quickly and hurrying you off their doorstep as did the garage when my car broke down when I was 8 months pregnant - taken home immediately by one the mechanics and my car brought back to me as well once fixed as well as telling me I could pay the bill after I'd had the baby :) Enjoy your fun weekend and beyond.
    Special Teaching at Pempi’s Palace

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have such good memories of costumes, parties, and trick-or-treating as a kid. I'm glad you and your husband are going the extra mile to make this holiday special for your kids and doing lots of fun things! Have a good weekend and Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a great time with your kids on Halloween. We don't make such a big thing of it here in England nowadays but it's a tradition that dates back the the early 16th century. You might even be treated so some traditional soul cakes if you go door knocking :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoy trick-o-treating tonight! With the mess of last week, we've unfortunately had to flub through costumes. But I think we finally have them together ;) Enjoy! And here's wishing bulging bags for the kids!

    ReplyDelete